Home General News General Missing father feared dead after floods carried his makeshift home away

Missing father feared dead after floods carried his makeshift home away

0

One person is feared dead in a squatter community around Parakuo Estate in Accra.

The 26-year-old father was sleeping in his makeshift structure when the rains started on Monday night and it is believed he was carried away by the floodwaters into a big drainage system.


As of Tuesday afternoon, a search to find the man was still underway although many of the residents believe is dead.

Check This Out :  Move away from flood-prone areas; NADMO advises residents

According to friends of the man popularly known as SM, he was with them when it started raining around 11pm so they were compelled to disperse to their rooms.


After hours of torrential rains they realized the danger and raised alarm. Many of the residents rushed to higher grounds but ‘SM’ couldn’t come out.

After the rains subsided, residents say they realised his makeshift structure was part of many others carried away by the floodwaters.

Check This Out :  Five die at Okaikoi North in Tuesday’s downpour

When JoyNews visited the community, family members and other residents were in a state of mourning.


Father of the missing man says he had been to the Police Hospital Morgue but did not find his son.

He says after a careful assessment of the circumstances, he believes his son is dead but he is keeping hope alive.