The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has released provisional results of candidates who sat for the WASSCE for the School Candidates, 2020 in Ghana.
This follows the completion of all post-examination processes.
The results for the schools would be dispatched to their schools.
Students who desire to check their results online can do so now, the communique indicates.
A release issued in Accra and signed by the Senior Public Affairs. Manager of WAEC, Mrs Agnes Teye-Cudjoe, said the candidates scores would be forwarded to their schools.
It said 2,383 candidates had their subjects cancelled while 480 had their entire results cancelled.
The entire results of 384 candidates have been withheld pending the conclusion of investigations into various cases of examination malpractices detected during and after the conduct of the examination.
The affected candidates, according to the release were involved in various examination irregularities such as sending into the examination hall foreign materials, seeking/receiving help from non-candidates, including invigilators, supervisors and teachers and tearing parts of their question papers and answer booklets, as well as collusion.
A total of 375,763 candidates from 976 schools entered for the examination. This figure is 8.6% higher than the 2019 candidature of 346, 098. The 2020 entry figure was made up of 187,581 (49.9%) males and 188,182 (50.1%) females. A total of 3,343 (0.89%) of the candidates who registered were absent from the examination.
The performance of the candidates regarding the four core subjects is shown in the Table below.
WASSCE (SC) 2020
PERFORMANCE OF CANDIDATES
NUMBER AND PERCENTAGE OF CANDIDATES OBTAINING
A1 – C6
The provisional results indicate that there were improvements in the performance of candidates at Grades A1 to C6 in English Language and Mathematics (Core) in 2020 as compared to 2019 as follows:
- English Language – 48.96% in 2019 to 57.34% in 2020
- Mathematics (Core) – 65.31% in 2019 to 65.71% in 2020.
On the other hand, Integrated Science and Social Studies recorded a decline in the performance of candidates at Grades A1 to C6 in 2020 as compared to 2019 as follows:
- Integrated Science – 63.17% in 2019 to 52.53% in 2020
- Social Studies – 75.43% in 2019 to 64.31% in 2020.
- The Subject Results of 2,383 candidates have been cancelled for engaging in collusion, bringing foreign material to the examination hall and tearing part of their question papers to solicit assistance.
- The Entire Results of 480 candidates have been cancelled for bringing mobile phones to the examination hall.
- The Entire Results of 384 candidates have been withheld pending the conclusion of investigations into various cases of examination malpractice detected during and after the conduct of the examination.
In the meantime, scripts of candidates from 122 schools in certain subjects are undergoing scrutiny.
The withheld results of candidates may be cancelled or released based on the outcome of the investigations.
Check How To Check Your WASSCE Results Here
See Official Communique Below